Psychiatrist in Pleasanton, CA, Livermore CA, Dublin CA, San Ramon CA, specializing in the treatment of Anxiety, ADHD, Depression in Livermore, CA Dublin, CA San Ramon, CA East Bay Area. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. As a psychotherapist & psychopharmacologist he is licensed to perform clinical mental health evaluations and prescribe psychiatric medications in a safe and effective manner if needed. His goal is to provide the best psychiatrist care possible in the East Bay Area, CA.
Dr. Alex Anastasiou was born in the Livermore, CA Tri-Valley Area. His parents, Dr. Mary and Dr. Stephen are local Pediatricians in the area. Dr. Alex graduated from University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior as well as a minor in Psychology. After medical school, he completed his Post Graduate Psychiatry Residency Training at the University of Nevada School of Medicine where he served as a Chief Resident.
As a physician, Dr. Alex has seen thousands of patients and is up-to-date with the newest advancements in mental health. He has given numerous lectures to both medical students and physicians in different specialties. He also received the "Master of the PRITE" (Psychiatry Resident -In-Training Exam) Award two years in a row for scoring in the top 90th percentile of all Psychiatrists trained in the United States.
- Depression, Irritability, Low Energy, Weight Changes, Low Sex Drive, Lack of Motivation
- Anxiety Disorders: Panic attacks, Social Anxiety, Anxiety Attack
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADD ADHD Treatment
- Insomnia, Racing thoughts
- Situational Stressors (Jobs, Marriage, Health Issues)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Anorexia/ Bulimia
- Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia
- Relationship Problems with friends or family
- Bipolar Disorder
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Nicotine/Alcohol Abuse
- Postpartum Depression
Dr. Alex Anastasiou is a physician licensed to prescribe medications.