Psychiatrist in Pleasanton, CA who specializes in treating Anxiety, ADHD and Depression in the East Bay Area. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a physician licensed to perform mental health evaluations and prescribe medications in a safe and effective manner if needed.
Dr. Alex Anastasiou was born in Livermore, CA and grew up in Pleasanton. His parents, Dr. Mary and Dr. Stephen are Pediatricians still practicing in the area. Dr. Alex graduated from University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Sciences with an emphasis in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior as well as a minor in Psychology. After medical school, he completed his Post Graduate Psychiatry Residency Training at the University of Nevada School of Medicine where he served as a Chief Resident.
As a physician, Dr. Alex has seen thousands of patients and is up-to-date with the newest advancements in mental health. He has given numerous lectures to both medical students and physicians across different specialties. He also received the "Master of the PRITE" (Psychiatry Resident -In-Training Exam) Award two years in a row after scoring in the top 90th percentile among all Psychiatrists trained in the United States.
- Depression, Irritability, Low Energy, Weight Changes, Low Sex Drive, Lack of Motivation
- Anxiety: Panic attacks, Social Anxiety
- ADD / ADHD Evaluation and Treatment
- Insomnia, Racing thoughts
- Situational Stressors (Jobs, Marriage, Health Issues)
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Anorexia/ Bulimia
- Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia
- Relationship Problems with friends or family
- Impulse Control Problems (Anger Issues, Tics, Behavioral issues, Gambling)
- Bipolar Disorder
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Nicotine/Alcohol Abuse
- Postpartum Depression
Dr. Alex Anastasiou is a physician licensed to prescribe medications.